Sweet fresh corn, crisp bell peppers, juicy tomatoes, soft black beans, and avocado topped with tangy lime Italian dressing…. um, is your mouth watering yet? This corn salsa is lucky if it survives one night at our home. It’s perfect with tacos, burritos, tortilla chips, or even topped on a salad.
The natural flavors of the vegetables are almost enough. By adding lime and Italian dressing, it just pushes this salsa over the super, crazy delicious edge. Just make sure you’re using dried Italian dressing and not Italian seasoning. Big difference.
Okay, I can’t hold off eating more of this sweet corn salsa any longer. It’s just in my fridge calling my name. I’m probably going to have it with my most favorite chips, FSTG Multigrain chips. Have you had them? They’re gluten-free and made from all natural ingredients. SO amazingly tasty! They have a million different flavors of chips like sweet potato, blue corn, and even jalapeno. Alright friends, start making your own salsa as I go devour the remaining of mine in the fridge.
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, rinsed with warm water
- 1 (15 oz) can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper (red or green), finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional... will make your salsa HOT!)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 packet of dry Italian seasoning dressing (I usually only use half the packet)
In large bowl, combine corn, black beans, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and jalapeno. Stir gently.
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, and dry Italian seasoning. Stir well and pour over top and gently stir until mixed well. Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving for best results.
Serve with your favorite chips or on top of tacos or burritos.