- 1 lb ground turkey/lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 small red or sweet onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 Tbs parsley
- 1 Tbs basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 zucchini (1 zucchini per person)
- 1-1.5 cups shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown and drain ground turkey/ground beef with onion in skillet.
Add diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, parsley, basil, salt and pepper to skillet. Remove from heat once heated through.
Cut ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini length wise down the center. Scoop out the "zucchini guts" and discard.
Place zucchini on aluminum foil covered baking sheet. Generously scoop meat mixture over zucchini and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until zucchini slightly tender.
Sprinkle cheese on top with 5 minutes left to go.
~ TIP: Leftover ground turkey mixture? Make a healthy taco with a whole wheat tortilla, 1 cup mixture down center, and 1/2 cup of fresh salsa. You'll love this variation too!