- 2 lbs sirloin or round beef roast, thawed
- 4 large red potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 14.5 oz can of organic, natural beef broth or stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
In a large slow cooker, place roast in the middle. Arrange potatoes and carrots around the sides.
In a separate container, combine and mix well broth/stock, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour evenly over roast, potatoes, and carrots. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or on LOW 8-10 hours.
Tip: If roast is still tough or carrots/potatoes not soft, cook for 1-2 hours longer on HIGH. Roast should be extremely tender and carrots/potatoes soft. To make a healthier gravy, once roast, potatoes, and carrots are removed from slow cooker, use the remaining liquid and whisk to help get all the scrapping off the side. Pour liquid into a medium-size pot and bring to boil. In a small bowl, combine 2 tsp cornstarch and 2 tsp water until smooth. While constantly whisking the boiling liquid, add the cornstarch mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until gravy thickens. Pour over meal to enjoy.