This ‘before’ wasn’t my worst (trust me… it’s coming), however I was still excited to trash my ‘before’ and improve the image. Natural light makes the photo warm and inviting by emphasizing the true colors of the food.
When the weather starts to get cold, all I want to do is cuddle up in a blanket with a warm bowl of stew. Especially a bowl of THIS stew. Red AND sweet potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, carrots, and tender, melt-in-your-mouth pork? I just had a large bowl, but I’m ready for seconds!
Golden Harvest Stew
- 2 pound boneless pork cutlets or sirloin tip roast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- 6 small red potatoes washed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 ear corn shucked and broken into pieces (about 8) or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 32 oz organic chicken broth/stock
- 15 oz organic vegetable broth
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (or leave seeds in for added spice)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Chopped parsley
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork or sirloin pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer to crock-pot slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients, except parsley, and mix well. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or until done.
To serve, sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe NotesServes 4 to 6 people Recipe slightly altered from Crock-Pot Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipe.