Happy 4th of July! I’m gearing up for a full day of family fun tomorrow and hope you’re ready to do the same. Am I the only one feeling like this year is flying by? I can’t believe it’s already July! Well, the brutal heat makes it difficult to forget we’re mid-summer.
Since the last thing I want to do is hang out by a hot oven instead of the refreshing pool, I figured out a quick breakfast solution for my gluten-free friends. Actually, even if you’re not gluten-free, you must MuSt MUST try these gluten-free pancakes! We have made them for breakfast 5 days in a row and still want them again tomorrow.
My husband usually doesn’t like gluten-free recipes unless it’s my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies or my Ooey Gooey Brownies. When I made these gluten-free pancakes for him, he looked shocked. I believe his exact comment was “these are actually really good!” Gluten-free baked goods can sometimes be… well, rubbery. These pancakes are anything but. You’ll only taste light, fluffy, and scrumptious pancakes.
The main reason these pancakes are amazing is the Namaste all-purpose flour I discovered. Oh. My. Goodness! I have already used my entire bag. I just went to Costco and bought two more bags since I can’t stop making these pancakes for breakfast. Confession… we even had them for dinner one night. This flour has a blend of gluten-free flours and xanthum gum. We’re shouting for joy over here since finding this tasty flour. Anyway, I think you get my point. We’re fans.
You can quickly negate any and all health benefits by which toppings you use. Since I love pancakes, waffles, muffins, and everything breakfast, I have a couple tips. Skip the butter and spread on some coconut oil. Also, I’m not against maple syrup, but it must be PURE maple syrup. Read those ingredients. Skip the artificial flavors, dyes, sugar, and other unnecessary ingredients that are in most syrups. The ingredients should read ‘pure maple syrup’ only. Toss on fresh blueberries and strawberry slices and you’re ready to indulge!
Happy 4th of July! I hope you have a safe day celebrating our beautiful country’s independence.
- 1 and 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/3 cups almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs pure honey or pure maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Add almond milk, eggs, olive oil, and honey/pure maple syrup.
- With a hand mixer, beat mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until batter is fluffy and light.
- Heat griddle on 300 F for 1 to 2 minutes. Using a measuring cup, pour 1/2 cup of batter, about 1 inch apart, and gently press down batter with measuring cup to help evenly spread out the batter to form your pancake.
- Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown and inside is cooked.