Avocado Turkey Burgers
Don't discriminate against ground turkey! These juice-dripping-down-your-chin turkey patties will become one of your favorite summer options.
- 1 pound 99% fat free or extra lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg white lightly beaten (optional... I usually omit)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- Spinach or lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, and egg. Refrigerate the mixture about 10 minutes. Then form into 4 patties.
Preheat the grill for medium-low heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate (I use coconut oil). Place the patties on the grill. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
Serve on toasted buns. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and spinach/lettuce as desired.